[Samba] winbindd and /tmp/.winbind/pipe

Nathan R. Valentine nathan at nathanvalentine.org
Fri Sep 13 14:39:00 GMT 2002

I've seen some mention of winbindd getting into a state where it cannot
connect to the pipe in /tmp/.winbind and, if the directory is removed,
will not create /tmp/.winbind/pipe. I've also started seeing this
behavior. I've looked at the code and I cannot figure out why this
happens.

Does anyone out there know why this is happening? How to work around it?
If it is on the TODO list of the developers?

--
---
Nathan Valentine - nathan at nathanvalentine.org
Jabber: NRVesKY AIM: NRVesKY ICQ: 39023424