[Samba] Irix, Winbind and PAM issues

Luc Lalonde llalonde at giref.ulaval.ca
Fri Sep 13 13:59:01 GMT 2002

Hello Folks,

Before implementing Samba and Winbind on an SGI IRIX system I'd like to
know a few things:

1) Is it possible to do Domain authentication on an IRIX system with
Winbind without installing PAM?  In other words, can one simply add the
"winbind" entry in the nsswitch.conf file?

2) IRIX support in Winbind is now apparently supported.  Anyone write a
howto on the installation steps?

3) Is Winbind on IRIX considered stable?  I saw in the release notes
that there were some memory leaks.  These seem to be resolved...any
other problems?

Thanks in advance,
Luc Lalonde.