[Samba] new feature in 2.2.6 ?

christoph.beyer at desy.de christoph.beyer at desy.de
Fri Sep 13 12:23:00 GMT 2002

Hi Jerry et al,

will the 2.2.6 release show the printers in the 'add-new-printer-wizzard'
on the client like the WINDOWS server do ?

I'm not sure if you know what I mean, so here is a little illustration:

-----------------------------
| NTSERVER                  |
|   \\ntserver\printer1     |
|   \\ntserver\printer2     |
|   \\ntserver\printer3     |
| SAMBASERVER               |
| NTWORKSTATION             |
|   \\ntworkstation\printer |
----------------------------

The SAMBA server only shows the printable shares after clicking on it
which unfortunately is very complicated for some people (most of my
users)...

Is there any chance to get this fixed ?

Thanks for your support and a great piece of software

take care
	~christoph

--
/*   Christoph Beyer     |   Office: Building 2b / 23     *\
 *   DESY                |    Phone: 040-8998-2317        *