[Samba] XFS-ACL-Samba: Trouble adding acls

Christopher Odenbach odenbach at hni.uni-paderborn.de
Fri Sep 13 07:27:11 GMT 2002

Hi,

> Are you running winbindd? I don't think you can set ACL's for
> domain users unless you are. The domain user will not exist
> on the samba server so the ACL will be discarded. Personally
> I think we need to output some error at least to the log file
> but that is another issue.

No, I have no winbindd running, and I don't want to. Why would I need
it? The username on the windows domain and on unix are the same.
Couldn't Samba try to resolv the Domain name and when this fails try to
strip the domain part and just take the unix name?

Christopher

> Christopher Odenbach wrote:
> > Hi,

> > >       Not necessarily...
> > >       Try root (or equivalent) user and see if it works.
> >
> > Just tried a root account - same result.
> >
> > A funny thing is: The ACLs I set manually with setfacl are shown as
> >
> > EDJO\odenbach
> >
> > (edjo is the samba server).
> >
> > When I add a user to the ACL, the user is displayed as
> >
> > HNIRB\axel
> >
> > (hnirb is the domain name)
> >
> > until I press ok - then the entry just disappears.
> >
> > Any ideas?
> >
> > Christopher
> > --

    Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Odenbach