[Samba] Samba User Profile

muffinman666 at gmx.net muffinman666 at gmx.net
Fri Sep 13 07:24:00 GMT 2002

Hi.

We use Samba 2.2.5 as PDC for Win2000 clients. Each time we join a new machine to the network we
have to join the users to the local group "administrators" on the machine. We receive the new
users from the pdc.

These new users (new to the machine) have now a server based userprofile (stored on the server). I
do not know the correct name of it because wa use german windows. We want to have local
userprofiles for all users.
If we build a pdc with a win2k-server we can configure to the default value "local profile". Is
there such a switch in samba two?

The new useres shall have a local profile automatically, without switching it by hand.

Thanks for your help,

Andre