[Samba] Help: Access Samba from Win2000 Server

henry zheng zheng_henry at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 13 07:07:00 GMT 2002

Hi Friends,

I am new to Samba. I am able to access my RH Linux 7.1
Samba server from another RH Linux 7.1 machine without
any problem. When I try to access the same Samba
server from a Win2000 server, I got the following
error while doing "net view \\smaba ip address":

   System error 53 has occurred.

   The network path was not found.

if I try "net use g: \\server ip\henry", I got:

   System error 121 has occurred.

   The semaphore timeout period has expired.

I had made sure puting the Win2000 ip address into
smb.conf at the "hosts allow" section.

Any help or hints will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Henry