[Samba] Re: VFS Virus Scanner idea...

Aaron D. lists at aaronsplace.org
Thu Sep 12 19:41:00 GMT 2002

Chris;

I am not personally aware of any open source solutions for server based
virus protection and detection on LINUX, but I have used a commercial
product from Trend called Server Protect.  More information on it is
available at http://www.trendmicro.com/products/splinux/

Additionally, their Interscan Virus Wall is an excellent product for
scanning E-Mail, Proxy Traffic, and FTP Traffic from an Internet Host.

I've got Server Protect running on about a dozen of my clients' LINUX /
SAMBA servers.  It's been solid as a rock, reliable and effective.  The
same is true of the Interscan Virus Wall for Internet hosts.

I hope this helps.  While the software is not open source, nor free it is
excellent in quality and reliability.

Aaron