[Samba] WinXP SP1 breaks roaming profiles.

Bradley W. Langhorst brad at langhorst.com
Thu Sep 12 18:38:00 GMT 2002

On Thu, 2002-09-12 at 12:37, Yura Pismerov wrote:

>        nt acl support = no
>        csc policy = disable
>
> I think that is what you need in profiles share. I'm not sure about the
> last parameter though. Try it...
> '

NO - this is not correct for WinXP-SP1
nt acl support MUST be yes for SP1 clients to work...
You are correct about the csc policy =disable bit though - otherwise
windows complains about this in the logs.

I had the same problem as Philip and found that just changint the nt acl
support parameter cured the problem.

this is the setting i have that is working with winXP-SP1 clients
[profiles]
        path = /home/xp_profiles
        read only = No
        create mask = 0600
        directory mask = 0700
        nt acl support = Yes
        csc policy = disable
        share modes = no

this share resides on a 2.2.6pre server (while the domain is controlled
by an 3.0a18 server)