[Samba] WinXP SP1 breaks roaming profiles.

Philip R. Thompson phils at MIT.EDU
Thu Sep 12 16:19:01 GMT 2002

We've applied SP1 for WinXP on several machines and now roaming profiles
don't work them.
I tried swithching "nt acl support = yes" as previously mentioned on this
list but this still doesn't
  work for us and we continue to get the following error:

Windows did not load your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with
your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server
when
you logoff. Windows did not load your profile because a server copy of the
profile folder already exists that does not have the correct security. Either
the current user or the Administrator's group must be the owner of the folder.
Contact your network administrator.

Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary
profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off.

We have a NT4 domain, samba 2.2.5 and 2.2.6.pre2 on solaris 8 servers.

Philip R. Thompson                     | Dept. Urban Studies and Planning
Massachusetts Institute of Technology  | Computer Resource Laboratory
Room 9-520                             | Manager Information Systems
105 Massachusetts Avenue               | 617-253-3535
Cambridge, MA  02139-4301              | phils at mit.edu