[Samba] How-to configure policies for Users-groups

Thomas SECHET t.sechet at cite-sciences.fr
Thu Sep 12 10:35:59 GMT 2002

subject : How-to configure policies for Users-groups

Hello,
I'm new on this list.
How can I use poledit.exe to create policies for users groups using a
Samba PDC for W2K and GNU Linux workstations . (Samba 2.2.5 software is
installed on GNU Linux debian 3.0)
I try with one user and it's working well, but it doesn't
work with groups like "domain users" or "admin users". I don't know how
are declared these groups in samba. I try a lot of time with everythings
which seems being a group, but it doesn't work.
I think that I miss something.
The authentification of the users is doing by smb_ldap, and it's
working
well.
I need some help ?

Thomas Sechet