[Samba] Problem with printersettings for regular users

Fredrik Aminoff fredrik at island.liu.se
Wed Sep 11 16:52:02 GMT 2002

Hi,

We run Samba-2.2.6pre2 as PDC for Win2ksp2-clients and the
printerfeature from 2.2.x

The problem we have is that only the PrinterAdministrators can see the
correct printersettings that are set on the Server (Duplex, memory etc.)

When mapping the printer as a printer-admin you can see (and change) the
settings for the printer but when connecting as a regular user
(Everybody) you have the right to print and it works fine. The settings
for the printers are greyed out as the should but the values there are
the default for the printer when you install the driver and not the ones
that are set on the server. This is kind of annoying since we don't want
everone to be printeradmin but we want them to be able to do
duplex-printing.

We run the latest Lexmark PCL printer drivers for Windows 2000, not the
UniDriver since they don't have duplex-printing.

Have the printerfunctions in Samba-2.2.x been verified with
Lexmark-printers?

Regards,
Fredrik Aminoff
System administrator