[Samba] problem downloading printer drivers from w98

Francesco Mosca askmosca at tin.it
Wed Sep 11 16:30:04 GMT 2002

i've set up some printers in my samba domain and successfully uploaded
drivers from a w2k workstation, according to the how-to, both for
win2000 and win98. I used AppleLW Color 12/600 PS drivers, because i
need _color_ postscript support. the problem is: win2000 gets the
correct drivers, enabling the color printing. win98 instead gets the
drivers, but they are not color enabled (i can only print b/w, no
color-tab in the printer settings), i suppose because it doesn't get the
color profile (or maybe simply because win98 is stupid...). what can i
do, have i to manually install drivers? i still have about 80 win98
clients, 3 printers each...

thanks,

Francesco