[Samba] Samba printer port missing

Darryl Bowler darryl at e-securenetworks.net
Wed Sep 11 16:21:00 GMT 2002

Recently I successfully setup samba as a print server to some networked Lexmark Optra S 1855, which went without problems. However a month later Ive try to add one of these printers to an NT4 workstation, now I get accessed denied and the Samba printer port is no longer available.

It maybe a simple case of incorrect permissions , any clues on where I should look ?

# NOTE: If you have a BSD-style print system there is no need to
# specifically define each individual printer
[printers]
   comment = All Printers
   path = /var/spool/samba
;   browseable = no
# Set public = yes to allow user 'guest account' to print
   public = yes
;   guest ok = no
   writable = no
   printable = yes

[print$]
    path = /usr/local/samba/printers
    guest ok = yes
    browseable = yes
    read only = yes
    ; since this share is configured as read only, then we need
    ; a 'write list'.  Check the file system permissions to make
    ; sure this account can copy files to the share.  If this
    ; is setup to a non-root account, then it should also exist
    ; as a 'printer admin'
    write list = @ntadmin,root

darryl at e-securenetworks.net

JWebMail WebMail/Java v0.7.8, built with JDK 1.4.0-beta3 WWW to Mail Gateway