[Samba] Samba PDC test for failsafe

Markus.Roelle at sytech.de Markus.Roelle at sytech.de
Wed Sep 11 15:52:50 GMT 2002

Hi everybody

I have the following problem:
I like to run Samba as PDC on a SGI Failsafe system.

To test this out at first, I have the following configuration:
Samba PDC 2.2.5 on a SGI IRIX system  Server
Samba PDC 2.2.5 on a PC Suse Linux system  Server
Win NT 4 Client

Always there is only one PDC running.
They are configured for the same domain settings.

I configure my NT Client for the first PDC as a Domain Client. Then I look
out, start the computer again. During this time I shut down the first PDC,
and start the second. If I like to log in into NT again, I always get a
mistake message. (c00019b)
But if I do the change during I´m logged in the NT session, there is no
problem. For example when I open a file from the shared disk when the first
PDC is up, I can change to the second PDC and save this file correctly

Thats my problem

Does anyone know how to configre my sytem ?

Would make me happy. (;->

Markus