[Samba] To the list-owners

Harry Rueter harry_rueter at gmx.de
Wed Sep 11 13:41:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

as you may have seen, some people like to send
virus-files to the list (see: [Samba] Re:look,my beautiful girl friend).

There are two solutions :

1) You/we decides to let only registered users send mail to the list.
2) No attachments are allowed in the future, they will be filtered out by
your mailserver.

I'd prefer the second way, as there's not too much to do and
if someone wants to send - let's say a logfile - he just has to copy it into
the mail,
that's also not a real problem ..

The first solution would catch the guys from the "nigeria-connection" too,
as they would have to subscribe for each "letter" they send us ..
and i think they wouldn't subscribe ..

greets Harry

http://www.gmx.net