[Samba] wbinfo with trusted domains

Billy Macdonald whmac33 at yahoo.com
Tue Sep 10 19:26:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

   I just compiled samba 2.2.5 with winbind and successfully joined my domain.

wbinfo -t shows the secret is good
wbinfo -m shows the trusted domain
wbinfo -a will authenticate to the local domain and the trusted domains

wbinfo -n will only return a sid if I pass a name in the local domain
wbinfo -u only shows users in the local domain but man page says it should show
users in trusted domain.

Any advice as to the problem and how to get it to work?
My smb.conf is short and to the point with X's replacing the appropriate
internal names/ips
I've tried winbind use default domain = yes but that doesn't help me :(

workgroup = XXXX
password server = XXXX
security = DOMAIN
winbind uid = 10000-20000
winbind gid = 10000-20000
winbind use default domain = no

wins support = no
wins server = X.X.X.X
name resolve order = wins hosts lmhosts bcast

Thanks,
Billy