[Samba] samba upgrade question

Trevor Fraser trevor at systematic.co.za
Tue Sep 10 17:02:25 GMT 2002

HI Javid.

Just type:
# rpm -Uvh samba-2.2.5.i386.rpm
from the directory where the package is located.
Explanation:
# rpm -ivh samba*  installs and overwrite the config files, where as
# rpm -Uvh samba* upgrades the package and leaves the config files in tact.
I'm assuming you're running RedHat, otherwise wait for more replies as I
have only worked with RH Linux and I don't know what the difference is.  The
man pages should always help in all flavours of Linux, just type
# man rpm or # man what you're enquiring about.

Trevor.