[Samba] Samba and LDAP

Kristyan Osborne kris at longhill.brighton-hove.sch.uk
Tue Sep 10 16:41:02 GMT 2002

in your smb.conf file on the member server you should have

security = server
password server = PDC
encrypted passwords = yes

You shouldn't have any ldap stuff in your member server smb.conf file

You will need nss_ldap and config nsswitch.conf on the member server if you want users to access files

Cheers

Kristyan Osborne IT Technician
Longhill High School
01273 391672

------
Computers are like airconditioners: They stop working properly if you open windows.
Win95:       A 32-bit patch for a 16-bit GUI shell running on top of an
             8-bit operating system written for a 4-bit processor by a
             2-bit company who cannot stand 1 bit of competition.