[Samba] Profiles XP and Service Pack 1

Hans Wurst WasteBin at gmx.ch
Tue Sep 10 12:48:01 GMT 2002

Hi Trevor,

thanks for your fast response, but I think I was not clear enough: we do not
have
a samba PDC but a Windows 2000 controlled Active Directory Installation,
where
the samba servers act as standalone file-servers. They have successfully
joined
the Win-Domain and use the win servers for password verfification.  Users
are
created manually on the linux servers (without a valid shell) and group
memberships are used to allow / deny access to certain shares - independent
from the win domain.

The problem seems to be that the  "NT ACL SUPPORT = no" option is not
tolerated
anymore by XP after upgrade to service pack one. We, however, depend on that

option to get the profile shares working (because we do not use winbind to
create
users).

We will try whether the registry patch make a difference, and I will let you
know.
Cheers

HW

http://www.gmx.net