[Samba] pam_mount and winbind

Buchan Milne bgmilne at cae.co.za
Tue Sep 10 11:55:02 GMT 2002

| Message: 10
| From: "cj" <cj at itonsite.com.au>
| To: "Samba List (E-mail)" <samba at lists.samba.org>
| Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2002 09:54:48 +1000
| Subject: [Samba] pam_mount and winbind
|
| G'day All
| I've gotten pam_mount to work, its great.
| Just a question though
|
| Can I use pam_mount with winbind,
| so winbind uses my samba server's username and password and pam_mount with
| mount the user directories.

Yes, but only if you use 'winbind use default domain = yes' in your
smb.conf.

I would be interested in feedback on whether you managed to log in to
KDE etc with your home directory on an smbfs mount ....

| Also
| I am tring to compile pam_winbind.so with
| "make nsswitch/pam_winbind.so"
| but it is giving me the following error example
| nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:62: parse error before `*'
| nsswitch/pam_winbind.c: In function `converse':
| nsswitch/pam_winbind.c:69: `pamh' undeclared (first use in this function)

You are missing the pam headers, you should install the pam development
package for your distribution (for example, pam-devel on Redhat and
Mandrake).

| Also (sorry)
| if someone else compiles the pam_winbind.so file am I able to use that
file
| on my machine?

Probably. Also, your distribution should ship it for you ...

Buchan

- --