[Samba] Profiles XP and Service Pack 1

Hans Wurst WasteBin at gmx.ch
Tue Sep 10 11:01:01 GMT 2002

Hi List,

we have a 130+ PC network running windows XP on the clients, with win2000
and
samba servers (SuSE 7.3 distribution rpm for samba 2.2.3 and SuSE 8.0
selfcompiled samba 2.2.5).
The windows servers just authenticate the users, and provide some additional

services (Terminal Server and some special software packages). Print- and
File-
services are provided by the samba servers.
We use roaming profiles that are stored on the samba servers. Up to now we
did
not have any problems with that -  at least after I found out that you must
disable
NT ACL support on the profile shares.
Now we installed XP service pack 1 on one client - and the client can not
access
the profile anymore. It complains about not owning the share or not being
member of the Administrator group (even though we tried with an domain admin

account).

Has anybody an idea whether this problem can be solved with the current
samba
version (and how)? Or has anybody made the same / different experiences?

Thanks for your help

HW

Here is a part of smb.conf

# Samba config file created using SWAT
# from XXXXXXXX (XXX.XXX.XX.XXX)
# Date: 2002/09/10 12:51:06

# Global parameters
[global]
        workgroup = XXX
        netbios name = XXX
        server string = Samba XX XX
        security = DOMAIN
        encrypt passwords = Yes
        map to guest = Bad User
        password server = xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx
        passwd program =
        passwd chat =
        name resolve order = bcast lmhosts host wins
        socket options = SO_KEEPALIVE IPTOS_LOWDELAY TCP_NODELAY
        character set = ISO8859-15
        os level = 2
        preferred master = False
        local master = No