[Samba] Samba as PDC

Gerry Christiansen gerry.christiansen at paradiseent.com
Tue Sep 10 00:43:00 GMT 2002

I understand that you can configure samba to act as an NT PDC.  I have set
up my server according to the documentation from the samba.org website. I am
using a windows XP client.  I am able to get it to join the domain
successfully.  However, after reboot, it indicates that either the domain
controller in down or i do not have a computer account set up.  I have
followed both the manual and "On-the-Fly" machine trust account setup steps
with the same results.

I am using samba version 2.2.3a-6.

Any help with this would be appreciated as our company is working hard to
develop an alternative to the Microsoft PDC.

Thanks,

      Contact Information
      Gerry Christiansen
      Systems Engineer