[Samba] Samba as PDC for Irix

Rolelo at gmx.de Rolelo at gmx.de
Mon Sep 9 14:18:00 GMT 2002

Hi

I have a problem with the configuration	from Samba as a PDC server.
I use Irix 6.5.16, Samba 2.2.1 and like to use NT 4 Clients with
servicerelease 6.

I´m not able to configure the domain in NT, I always get the message not
able to create.....

I configured the smb.conf in the right ways, searched in some books.
the user (NT4 Computername) is configured for Irix. smbpasswd, is correct.

Perhaps I found one reason: if I read the log file log.smbd my computername
(NT) is not written like I did. The Computername is acad03$ in the log file
it is sometimes written down acad03_

It would be great, if you would able to help me.
Looking forward hearing you.

Thanks

Markus

http://www.gmx.net