[Samba] Samba as DC and Profiles

Brian Witowski brianw at torchlake.com
Mon Sep 9 13:45:01 GMT 2002

Greetings,

I'm using a Samba server as a Domain Controller and Logon Server.  I use
Home directories for the storage of files etc.  However, I wish to just keep
the Desktop, Start Menu etc. locally.  How can I accomplish this?  My
problem is that I sometimes put a temp folder on my desktop and have large
files in it, I then delete it when finished.  However it makes logging in
and out take forever.  I wish to retain my login scripts etc which map drive
letters to the home directories, and I want to retain prifiles (desktop
settings, start menu etc).  The workstation is Win98SE.  Any help would be
appreciated.

Brian