[Samba] roaming profile in mixed environement

Christian Daré christian.dare at univ-brest.fr
Mon Sep 9 13:42:00 GMT 2002

hi,

I used to have 50 pcs with NT 4 workstation and a linux samba server acting as a PDC for 1500 students.
I was using roaming profile without any problem .

I changed a part of my pcs and installed win XP pro on them .

Now , i have problem with roaming profile when i pass from a XP machine to an NT4 machine . ( proxy not defined ... )

I ve got to change the way it uses to work .

I d like to stop using roaming profile and each student will save his work directly on his network drive .

	- is it possible to have domain authentification without roaming profile ?
I comment the " logon path" directive but /home/$user/profile is created automatically by XP machine .

	- is it possible to have one readonly profile by machine or by classroom  ?

thanks in advance

Christian Daré
Pole Universitaire de Quimper		Tél : 02 98 10 00 50
Creach Gwenn				Fax : 02 98 10 00 01
29000 Quimper