[Samba] samba 3.0 - trust authentication issue

abartlet at dp.samba.org abartlet at dp.samba.org
Mon Sep 9 09:55:01 GMT 2002

On Mon, Sep 09, 2002 at 10:50:29AM +0100, Eamonn Hamilton wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I'm running Debian unstable, and the 3.0 samba pre-release out of that (
> which is cvs as of 29/8 ).
>
> I've joined an NT4 domain ok with that, but I can't access the server
> from a client authenticated against a master domain. log.smbd reports
> that it's trying to authenticate the user account against the host
> resource domain, rather than against the master domain where the user
> account resides.
>
> Is this a known issue at the moment, or is there something I can do?

The trusted domain stuff is still under development - and you will have
to have account of the form TRUSTED\username in /etc/passwd or wait
till we get winbind correctly supplying them.

The main thing is to include 'trustdom' (I think that's what I called it)
in your 'auth methods = ' line.

See auth.c for the code that sets the defaults on them.

Andrew Bartlett