[Samba] winbind

cj cj at itonsite.com.au
Mon Sep 9 03:04:00 GMT 2002

G'day all

Im trying to get winbind to connect to a samba 2.2 PDC.

on the samba client I run
"/usr/local/samba/bin/smbpasswd -j OUTTHERE -r JANGO -U root"
it than askes for a password, I type the correct password, but I get this
error message

"error setting trust account password: NT_STATUS_ACCESS_DENIED"
"Unable to join domain OUTTHERE."

On the PDC server I check the log files and this is what is displayed
"libsmb/smbencrypt.c:decode_pw_buffer(263)"
"  decode_pw_buffer: incorrect password length (1147142624)"

Any one have any ideas as to what these errors mean.

Thanks