[Samba] Password Sync problems

Adrian Quek adrianq at bii.a-star.edu.sg
Mon Sep 9 02:09:01 GMT 2002

Hi,

I've set up Samba 2.2.6pre2 with ssl, pam, pam_smbpass and ldap on a
Solaris 9 server. Everything works fine in unix. However I cannot change
passwords from a Windoze client (win98) which has successfully logged in
to the samba domain. It seems that the password chat asks for the LDAP
password of the user, which would be ther user's old password. But
according to the docs, smbpasswd is called as root and it assumes that
it is able to change the password indefinately. In the html help files
however, the example did show a %o field which supposedly sends the old
password. But this does not work. Can anyone shed some light on this?
Thanks!

regards,
Adrian Quek