[Samba] windows ME not view samba machine

Ricardo Mostalac rmostalac at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 9 00:55:01 GMT 2002

Hello friends

I have a this problem: I can not see the samba machine
in the network neighborhood box in windos ME, but from
the samba server I can see the resources in the
client. Some times I can see the samba machine but
never the resources. When i try the command:

net view \\server

in a msdos window, generate the next error:

Error 53: The host not found....., bla, bla, bla....

but my network configuration is ok. The next is my
smb.conf file:

[global]
   workgroup = program-l
   server string = Jupiter Server (linux)