[Samba] MAJOR BUG IN SAMBA 2.2.5 Printing CUPS

Knut Ove Hauge feb2000info at yahoo.no
Sun Sep 8 01:05:01 GMT 2002

There is a major bug in samba 2.2.5 in combination with cups 1.1.x.
Samba can not resolve the -P %p option in the print command line.
Therefore cups can not find the print device.
This is for my system with a lindoze samba server locally connected to
a printer.
Use lpstat -v to find the device path to the line printer ie
/dev/usb/lp0 wich is the path to my usb epson printer.
REPLACE -P %p with the correct path and the problem is solved.
Regards
Knut Ove Hauge

=====
Investigating the Norwegain 4.th Secret ServiceThe multiheaded beast.http://home.no.net/~knutove/knut_ove_hauge_kuren.htm