[Samba] w2000 & sp3

C. Linus Hicks lhicks at nc.rr.com
Sat Sep 7 22:51:00 GMT 2002

On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 09:49, Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:
> On Sat, 2002-09-07 at 00:16, C. Linus Hicks wrote:
> > I have a Windows 2000 machine at home that I recently upgraded from
> > service pack 2 to service pack 3. This machine connects to my local
> > samba server in my local domain. I also use this machine to connect to
> > the domain at work (a different domain) using the Microsoft VPN which
> > allows you to specify the domain. This worked fine under SP2. After the
> > upgrade, I can no longer connect to the domain at work over the VPN. I
> > am running 2.2.1a on both Linux machines. Is this a bug introduced by
> > Microsoft? Is there a fix for it? (assuming it is possible to fix it)
> >
> > Here is what looks like the relevant log info:
>
> i think you need the signorseal reg fix for sp3
> did you apply it?

The signorseal reg fix does not appear to be related to the problem I am
having. The registry key was already set to zero when I looked at it.
Also, I am logging in successfully to my local samba domain with this
machine. It's only when I try to connect to a second domain through a
VPN that I have the problem.

Any other suggestions?

Linus