[Samba] Samba and Windows XP

Jonathan Dean jon.dean at deanuk.net
Fri Sep 6 23:11:12 GMT 2002

In the registry change

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netlogon\parameters
"requiresignorseal"=dword:00000001

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\netlogon\parameters
"RequireSignOrSeal"=dword:00000000

Jon

At 19:38 06/09/2002 +0000, Silvio Bandeira wrote:
>On Friday 06 September 2002 22:30, Bradley W. Langhorst wrote:
> > On Fri, 2002-09-06 at 13:33, Silvio Bandeira wrote:
> > > Unfortunately, It didn't worked.
> > > In the XP box I can join the domain when I change it in Network Id. Even
> > > "net use x: \\server\user (...)" works. But when I try to log in with
> > > user and passwd after a logoff (of course) it says (I'm using Portuguese
> > > Windows): "windows could not connect to domain because the domain
> > > controler is inoperative or not available or your machine account was not
> > > found. (...)"
> >
> > did you add the machine account?
> > did you apply the client signorseal reg fix?
> >
> > brad
>
>I did add the machine account. But I don't know what signorseal reg fix is...
>could you elaborate on that?
>
>--
>Silvio Bandeira
>UNICAP - Dept. of Computer Science
>--

---
Jonathan Dean
jon.dean at deanuk.net             www.jondean.com

Dept. Computer Science, University of Exeter, UK.
j.s.dean at ex.ac.uk               www.dcs.ex.ac.uk

Network Manager, Dean UK Networks.
root at deanuk.net         www.deanuk.net