[Samba] A user named homes and homedir mounting

Ben Vaughan benvon at iastate.edu
Fri Sep 6 17:07:01 GMT 2002

I run a pretty large network, we have plenty of users.  Most of our users
have their windows home directories on Samba servers.

One of these many users has the username "homes".

This user is unable to map their home directory (\\sambaserver\homes).

It seems that this could be a conflict between the "homes" share definition
and his username and samba getting confused.

Could this be a bug or unchecked special case in samba?  Has anyone else
seen this behavior?

Thanks!

Ben Vaughan

Ben Vaughan
Systems Administrator, Engineering Computing Support Services
210 Marston 515 294-1629, Iowa State University benvon at iastate.edu
pageben at iastate.edu