[Samba] What is in your PATH definition when running the samba configure?

Wieprecht, Karen M. Karen.Wieprecht at jhuapl.edu
Fri Sep 6 13:18:00 GMT 2002

It seems that the rest of the world is able to get past the configure step
in samba 2.2.5,  but I get an error (I didn't have this problem when I
compiled samba 2.2.2 or 2.2.3a,  so it leaves me rather stumped).

./configure --prefix=/usr/samba --with-winbind --with-automount

 gives me the following error on both solaris and irix:

 checking for conflicting AUTH_ERROR define in rpc/rpc.h ... no
 checking for test routines ... configure: error: can't find test code.
 Aborting config

For those of you who have successfully run samba 2.2.5's configure on
solaris and/or irix, what does your PATH definition look like,  and are you
running the configure as root or as a regular user?

Thanks,

	Karen Wieprecht