[Samba] ERRSRV ERRnoresource - what the heck?

root root at catherders.com
Thu Sep 5 21:54:00 GMT 2002

I'm using Samba 2.2.3a on a Mandrake 8.2 linux system.  Since I'm early in
the linux curve, my linux system is primarily a client, not a server on my
LAN.  I need to have 15 mounts from my linux system to several other systems.
It _almost_ works.   On 4 of the mounts during linux boot, I get the error
'ERRSRV ERRnoresource'.  The mounts that fail are on the same system as 4
other mounts that work fine, so it's neither the LAN nor the client
configuration.  Permissions are also correct (All of the shares are
configured identically).  The mountpoint directories exist.

I turned debug up to 5, but I don't see anything that looks like the problem.
My guess (and that's ALL it is) based on the error message, is that I've got
some kind of resource exhaust.  How do I increase whatever it is that's
failing?

I went thru the 'Samba Administrators Handbook' and I don't see any options
that look applicable.  (I did try increasing the shared mem size - no change).
All of the servers are OS/2, if it matters.

TIA!

Mike-