FW: [Samba] Problems copying files from AIX 4.3.3 to Win9x

Jonathan Portman Jonathan.Portman at mprc.co.uk
Thu Sep 5 16:21:00 GMT 2002

Hello,

Currently having problems with drag and drop and/or copy pasting files from
AIX 4.3.3. using a samba share.
Used the following settings in the smb.conf file:

[reports]
   path = /tmp/reports
   public = yes
   mangled names = yes
   browsable = yes
   hide dot files = no
   readable = yes

When I try and copy this over I get the following error message: "cannot
copy file: file system error (1026)"

I have set permissions to rwx using chmod 777 tmp & chmod 777 reports on
both directories.

Yet I don't have this problem when using windows 2000 Professional.

Does anyone have any suggestions ?

regards,

Jonathan.

Disclaimer :-
individual to whom it is addressed. Any views or opinions are solely
Caudwell Distribution Group (2020 Logistics Ltd,
Dextra Accessories Ltd, The Mobile Phone Repair Company Ltd).
If you are not the intended recipient, be advised that you have
received this email in error and that any use, dissemination,
forwarding, printing or copying is strictly prohibited. If you
have received this email in error please delete it from your system
and notify the sender immediately.