[Samba] Probably a stupid question about smbfs and smb.conf.

Joel Hammer Joel at HammersHome.com
Wed Sep 4 21:35:01 GMT 2002

I can't say in no way whatsoever, but, smbmount, at least originally, had
nothing to do with the samba people. smbmount was (and, I think, still is)
a linux thing, whereas samba was a unix thing, which also worked on linux.
So, the answer is, smbmount is likely not influenced much by smb.conf.

About tweaking for improved performance, I would
man smbmount
/    ttl
and
/socket