[Samba] Re: Windows NT PDC and Samba PDC cross subnet browsing? (solved)

Eddie Lania e.lania at home.nl
Wed Sep 4 19:40:47 GMT 2002

Hi everyone,

I think I solved it:

- I installed WINS on both sides on the PDC's (Samba on the one end, NT on
the other).

- On both subnets the clients are configured by dhcp to use their own PDC's
WINS as their primairy WINS server and the WINS on the remote PDC as their
"secondairy" WINS server.

- TCPIP configuration on the Windows NT PDC configured to use it's own WINS
address as it's primairy WINS, and the remote (Samba's) WINS as it's
secondairy WINS.

- AND finally, I added a static WINS mapping from the Samba PDC's address to
the Windows NT's WINS database.

Et voila, it's working for a week allready without any problems.

Any comment's?
(they're welcome)

Eddie.