[Samba] Smbpasswd file problem

Meenu Gupta meenu at mercurykr.com
Wed Sep 4 09:29:00 GMT 2002

----- Original Message -----
From: Meenu Gupta
To: sabma at lists.samba.org
Sent: Wednesday, September 04, 2002 2:21 PM
Subject: Smbpasswd file problem

Hi ,
I have installed Samba server on Red Hat Linux7.1. I was trying to provide authenticated access to my shares using the encrypted password via the security = user option in my smb.conf .

I have also set the smb password file in the global section of smb.conf as /usr/bin/smbpasswd and

When I am trying to add my login password to smbpasswd file via the command
smbpasswd -a Minu ( Minu is my user name on windows and I have an account on my Linux server with this name) , it is giving me an error ---

Startsmbfilepwent_internal : Unable to open file /usr/bin/smbpasswd
Error was text file was already busy

Can someone help me on this ?

Minu