[Samba] Samba Setup issue

Ashwini Jindal AJINDAL at utah.gov
Tue Sep 3 20:23:00 GMT 2002

Masters and Experts,

I have installed Samba using the pkgadd. After the package was installed, I ran the testparm and it returned good results. I then made the required changes in the inetd.conf file and restarted inetd with -s option.
After that I ran the smblient //machinename/username and it was able to log me in.
Now, when I tried to connect from dos using the command

net use d: \\servername\username

It returns me with the following error message:

"The account is not authorized to log in from this station."

Could anyone please explain where I am doing worng or if I missed anything during the process?

Ash