[Samba] cannot kill smbd processes

Michael Heironimus mkh01 at earthlink.net
Tue Sep 3 14:15:00 GMT 2002

If the smbd won't die even with a kill -9, it may be stuck waiting on
some kernel mode call. I've seen smbd (along with other processes) on
Linux refuse to die when there was a kernel "oops" caused by filesystem
corruption. If they won't die with a kill -9, you may end up rebooting
to get rid of them.

--
Michael Heironimus