[Samba] OFFTOPIC - Question about Windows 2000 Advance Server

Christopher Odenbach odenbach at hni.uni-paderborn.de
Mon Sep 2 03:27:00 GMT 2002

Hi,

> I need know if Windows 2000 Advance Server has the capacity of
> Windows NT Terminal Server. That is: If I can use the remote Windows
> 2000 desktop in thin clients running Windows 95/98 for example.

Yes. All server versions of windows 2000 have this feature. It can be
used in two modi: Just for remote administration (works only for
administrators and allows just up to two or three connections
simultaniously), or as a real terminal server. In this case you have to
get a license for it from M$.

Then: Use rdesktop to connect to a TS from a UNIX client! :-) But this
is totally offtopic...

Christopher

    Dipl.-Ing. Christopher Odenbach
    HNI Rechnerbetrieb