[Samba] Windows client refuses multiple print copies when printing to samba printer

Locutus locutus266 at gmx.de
Sun Sep 1 03:44:00 GMT 2002

Hello and thank you for your answer.
1. Printing works fine with samba and with lprng. When I use lprng I am even
allowed to print multiple copies. When printing over samba, I only can print
one copy and I have to wait, until it is finished, before sending the next
copy.

2. No i think printing = lprng tells the samba server, which printing system
to use. You can for example also specify "bsd" or "cups".
3. Yes, all windows clients have the same problem. (But I only tested it on
Windows XP, since I don't have another WinOS installed somewhere)
4. Wow, I didn't know that checkpc tool, yet it seems to like my
configuration. No errors were reported.
5. Yes, I wonder why "mc" has no effect .. ;-)
6. Yes, I restarted smb and lpd.
7. Changing the print command would work, but it seems a little bit
uncomfortable to create shares for multiple copies. Thanx, though.

Is it normal that the last job, I sent to the samba printer, remains in the
spool queue? The SMB temporary files in  /var/spool/samba are deleted after
the job is done, but the lpr job still remains in /var/spool/lpd/lp