[Samba] Winbindd not listing users/groups

Sean Patrick Ingles ingless at visionsys.com
Thu Oct 31 15:13:01 GMT 2002

As requested:
Here is my smb.conf (I have it stripped down to eliminate anything else,
once I get winbindd working I plan on defining shares, etc):
Also I noticed that occasionally _something_ happens and I cannot login
to the linux box at all when winbindd has been running, I have to hit
the reset button.

[global]
         workgroup = DOMAIN
         server string = Samba %v -- TEST --
         security = domain
         password server = Windows2kDomainController
         winbind uid = 10000-20000
         winbind gid = 10000-20000
         winbind separator = +
         winbind cache time = 10
         winbind enum users = Yes
         winbind enum groups = Yes
         password server = *

Also here is my /etc/pam.d/authconfig

#%PAM-1.0
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_rootok.so
auth       sufficient   /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
auth       required     /lib/security/pam_pwdb.so use_first_pass shadow
nullok
#auth       required    /lib/security/pam_stack.so service=system-auth
account    required   /lib/security/pam_winbind.so
#account    required    /lib/security/pam_permit.so
session    optional     /lib/security/pam_xauth.so
session    required     /lib/security/pam_permit.so

Let me know of you need anything further!

-SP