[Samba] sticky bit, etc.

daniel.jarboe at custserv.com daniel.jarboe at custserv.com
Thu Oct 31 13:50:01 GMT 2002

Problem is, with standard unix permissions, renaming a file is a matter
of writing to the directory.  You can have a file owned by root:root and
chmodded to 000, and any non-priveledged user would still be able to
rename that file if they had write access to the directory.  If a user
has enough access to create a file in the directory, they have enough
access to rename files in that directory... for more fine-tuning you
need to bring ACL's into the mix.

~ Daniel