[Samba] Unable to login with regular Linux accounts?

Frank Matthieß fm+samba at Microdata-POS.de
Thu Oct 31 10:50:04 GMT 2002

On Wed, Oct 30, 2002 at 03:07:30PM -0500, Scott Wrosch wrote:
> Hello,
>
> This may be kind of a dumb question, as it's something I could easily
> be overlooking, but I'm confused anyways.
>
> My Samba server is part of the MA domain.  However, I want a couple of
> non-domain accounts to still be able to access Samba shares.  The
> machines trying to access the shares are Win2k machines, and whenever
> I try to access the server, it asks me for the username and password.
>
> I had it working before I joined the domain, and it could have been
> working after I joined it as well, but I honestly don't remember.
> Attached is my smb.conf file..  Any ideas?  I'm completely confused.
>
> smb.conf
>
> [global]
>    workgroup = MA
>    server string = Windows File Server/Local Web Server running on %L
>    log file = /var/log/samba/log.%m.%u
>    max log size = 5120
>
>    security = domain

Do auth against a domain pdc..

>    password server = ma-main
..namely ma-main.

I don't know, how it is possible to make diffrent kind of auth depending
on machine names or ip addresses.

--
Frank Matthieß                                    fm+samba at Microdata-pos.de