[Samba] codepage-conversion for smbclient

Urban Widmark urban at teststation.com
Thu Oct 31 09:08:59 GMT 2002

On Thu, 31 Oct 2002, Andreas Schlager wrote:

> The problem was the 'user' parameter in the mount options. I think,
> this was a valid parameter in a old version of smbmount, but now I
> cant't find it in the documentation.

No, smbmount has never understood the 'user' option.

It may be that the kernel you used then was configured so that smbfs by
default used cp850/is8859-1 characters. In the 2.2 kernel that was the
only supported way to set it (and is still available).

The 'user' option should be supported. But that's a different story ...

/Urban