[Samba] Printing Status - Access denied, unable to connect

Nick Nick at TheLinuxShack.com
Wed Oct 30 21:44:00 GMT 2002

All I did to solve the Access denied problem is add my users to the
'printer admin = @users' :). Now I can delete/cancle jobs though :(.
Here is my config:

[global]
print admin = @users

# shares

[HP_LaserJet_4000]
  comment = Main Printer
  path = /var/spool/lpd/HP_LaserJet_4000
  guest ok = yes
  public = yes
  printer = HP_LaserJet_4000
  ;printing = bsd
  printable = yes
  browsable = yes
  print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p %s && rm %s
  lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
  lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j

[HP_LaserJet_6P]
  comment = Front Desk Printer
  path = /var/spool/lpd/HP_LaserJet_6P
  guest ok = yes
  public = yes
  printer = HP_LaserJet_6P
  ;printing = bsd
  printable = yes
  browsable = yes
  print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p %s && rm %s
  lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
  lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)