[Samba] Samba as PDC and Win2k security options

Bert Rapp bert at rappsonline.com
Wed Oct 30 21:27:00 GMT 2002

I've setup Samba as a PDC.  I have two machines using it for
authentication.  The rest of the clients on the network are still not
using it.  Before I switch I need to know more about how administering
access to different network resources is going to work.  For instance,
we are running Terminal Server on Win2k and in the local user / group
manager for each of the local users properties there is a tab labeled
"Sessions" and another labeled "Terminal Services Profile".  Both of
these tabs contain settings specific to Terminal Services.  How will I
be able to set these settings for the domain users if I am using Samba
as the PDC?  Will my domain users be listed in the local users manager
once this server is on the domain?

I realize these are very Windows specific questions, but only people
using Samba will know the answers.