[Samba] Print Queue Management through windows Clients

Nick Nick at TheLinuxShack.com
Wed Oct 30 20:24:00 GMT 2002

I did not have the printer admin = @users (users is the group all my
users are in) line in my smb.conf. I can now see the jobs that are
queued but non of my commands work here except the print and maybe the
lpq command. Also anyone know how to  say pause and resume to lpd?

Here is my configuration:

[global]
print admin = @users

# shares

[HP_LaserJet_4000]
   comment = Main Printer
   path = /var/spool/lpd/HP_LaserJet_4000
   guest ok = yes
   public = yes
   printer = HP_LaserJet_4000
   ;printing = bsd
   printable = yes
   browsable = yes
   print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p %s && rm %s
   lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
   lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j

[HP_LaserJet_6P]
   comment = Front Desk Printer
   path = /var/spool/lpd/HP_LaserJet_6P
   guest ok = yes
   public = yes
   printer = HP_LaserJet_6P
   ;printing = bsd
   printable = yes
   browsable = yes
   print command = /usr/bin/lpr -P%p %s && rm %s
   lpq command = /usr/bin/lpq -P%p
   lprm command = /usr/bin/lprm -P%p %j

Any advice would be greatly appreciated :)